Feedback welcome

Feel free to leave a comment. If it is interesting, I will publish it.

8/09/2021

Finally!

 No more store-boughts till after first frost.  

Varmints = 1,  Me: = 7
I've been waiting for these babies to ripen since the plants went into the ground in early May. Now I can pick some fresh basil and slice some fresh mozzerella to make a delicious homegrown caprese salad.



Last year, I had a lot of throwaways because of rodents (Squirrels and chippies) taking a bite and leaving them. I have started rubbing the green globes with wet coffee grounds and so far have not seen the same predation by varmints.

Also am spraying with BT which is an organic compound that kills caterpillars if they nibble on sprayed plants. (Pain in the neck because you have to spray after every rain.)





No comments: