Feedback welcome

Feel free to leave a comment. If it is interesting, I will publish it.

8/06/2021

Irony, Sarcasm and Ink



I received an email from HP thanking me for using the HP Store to buy something and urging me to review the product --which was a yellow ink cartridge replacement for my printer.

Usually I ignore such silly requests to "share my experience," but I was feeling sarcastic so I racked my brain to find a truthful statement that I could make.  Finally I came up with:

4 out of 5 stars.

It fit the slot perfectly

I took it out of the package and inserted it into the yellow slot. It Fit! The official ink cartridges are too expensive but I had no choice, of course.


The editing board may have been counting stars rather than looking at content, so they published it on their website.  Looking further, I noted that I was not alone in mocking the review process:

5 out of 5 stars.

It's Yellow1

I'm so happy that when I opened the package the ink was indeed yellow! Why am I being asked to review an ink cartridge?


5 out of 5 stars.

It works

What can I say? It is an ink cartridge, and it works.


More enlightening was the number of reviewers extolling the benefits of buying overpriced ink cartridges ($35 each)

Funny World we live in.  Not ha-ha funny; more peculiar funny. 

No comments: